03 June, 2007



Now that I know what vanity size inflation is...It makes me mad to hear people talk about the fact that Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14. People! That is really like a size 8 or 10 - maybe - in today's catalog sizing charts. But I know that somewhere someone is going to use that argument to justify eating half a pizza or a huge quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry. Just plain sad.

So I found the cutest retro pattern. A dress with a huge skirt with petticoat underneath and the smartest little cropped jacket. So pretty. That is how I found out about the difference in the standard sizing charts and the catalog sizing charts. I was so worried because they didn't make the pattern small enough to fit my pre-pregnancy size. And I was all thinking that I would have to alter the pattern when I made it...and then I saw the measurements on the sizing chart. So everything works out in the end...and I learned that people will change alot to keep Americans obese...and feeling good about it.

Driving by a letter..."a" says "ahh"...Driving by a letter...

Never get a child's toy's song stuck in your head...It is awful.

I feel a headache coming on...

2 comments:

Alison said...

could we possibly make summer dresses together sometime soon? :) -Ally

Alison said...

Hey :) Just felt like saying hey again :) I'm feeling much better, even though I didn't sleep much at all last night due to cramps. But hey, they really felt like contractions (like, I really know what those feel like) and I was just patient and waited through them moaning in pain. UHHHH!!!

Hey, ya'll wanna have a pizza/movie night at your house some weekend? We would have ya'll here, but it's a heck of a drive real late at night with a baby, I know.