13 June, 2007

Such a gorgeous day outside. And...just 6 more days before I know if the pink flowery quilt that I am making will be needed in the nursery.

I would really love to watch "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" or "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" with a nice big veggie pizza. Or a John Wayne western with a nice, toasted hoagie sub. Or "Rear Window" or "Sabrina" with a plate of sushi. I haven't watched a movie in forever.

I was remembering yesterday what it was like to hold a tiny newborn in my arms. And I got so excited! Just 4 months and I will have my sweet little boy on my lap and my tiny, sweet baby in my arms. God has truly blessed me!

I was thinking this morning...At what point do you blindly trust God too much? Can it happen? How many times have I thought that when people say that God is in control that they are just behaving foolishly and using God as an excuse to do so. I mean...think about those people who won't take medicine or go to a doctor. They use the excuse that God will heal them without the medicine. Crazy, right? I'm not saying that God can't do that...Just read the New Testament. But maybe medicine and doctors are part of God's plan to heal people. God gives those people knowledge.
I have been reading Mark lately. And I was impressed by the story of the town that Christ went to where He couldn't perform miracles. He was impressed by their lack of faith. I don't want to be that town. But I don't want to take matters in my own hand and try to control God. Just because He can do something doesn't mean that He will do something. I know that He told us to ask and we will receive, but God is never "at our command." He is God.
So maybe it just all comes down to having alot of faith and listening for God's voice. He can do anything. But we have to be there and willing to hear what He is going to do for us. Without that combination, how many blessings we will miss... So prayer is key. And ...sometimes silence on our parts so that we can hear is also definitely needed. Maybe it is just that we need to remember what we are - dust - and what God is.

No comments: