15 September, 2007

I can't believe that my little girl should be here in less than 2 months. Wow. My goal today is to find those cute little headbands with the bow on them for her to wear until I can actually put bows in her hair. I can't think of anything more wonderful than being a mother to two wonderful little babies...unless it is being a mother to ten wonderful little babies. It is such a wonderful feeling to be needed. My little bear cubs are so dependent on me...and they love me in such a wonderful, special way. You can't imagine it until you experience it. Truly a blessing from God.

I am still trying to adjust to Atlanta. And I am more and more convinced that I am definitely not a big city girl. My dream is still to get 20 acres in the middle of nowhere with a big, white farm house just big enough to hold me, Hubby, and all of our babies. But, adjusting I am because I absolutely love Hubby's new job. How wonderful to have him home in the evenings! I live for the time of day when I hear his key in the lock and see my little boy call "Daddy!" and start for the door. I love being able to cook for him and have family suppers around the table.

Some of the other positive things about being here...
-a neat little bakery chain that sells really good crepes and really beautiful pastries...
-a really wonderful Mexican restaurant that puts Monterreys' to shame, but is still really cheap
-Roswell and Marietta...both really cute little cities with tons of antique stores
-a Stride Rite outlet and a Carter's outlet
-7 Ethan Allen stores in the city
-a Gone With the Wind museum...and the Cabbage Patch nursery not too far away!
-no smoking allowed in any restaurant that serves children under 18. Woohoo!!
-...the possibility, perhaps, of finding out that there may be more positive things about this area that I might discover, if I am persistent, within the next 20 years...but I still seriously have my doubts...

No comments: