29 October, 2005

Life

What a gorgeous day! I went for a run today. I only ran somewhere between 3 to 4 miles because I had a roast in the oven, but I wish that I would have run farther. I love the way that I feel when I come back from a run. My heart is racing, my thoughts just seem so clear, my lungs feel so refreshed...And I love to worship God when I run. That was one of the things that drew me to running when I started to really, really run about a year ago. I was going through a really tough time. I was dealing with things that most people had no clue about. Yeah, I was in an awful relationship, but that was not even the worst. So, I really needed a time when I could let go of some of my anger and clear my mind and just talk to God. My mom told me that she really felt close to God when she spent her mornings running and worshipping Him. There is something to be said for worshipping God with your body. Look at King David - he danced in the streets to worship God. I think that is what I do with my running. I am using my body to worship God. Not every time that I run, but alot of the times. There is just something about being physically active out in nature and talking to God. I highly recommend it. :)
So, if you think that life doesn't change after marriage - HA HA!!! Not that it's a bad thing. Just, things are different. For instance, last night Hubby and I cleaned the house. And when we diecided to take some date time, we ate sushi and went to the bookstore to look at organization books. (Hubby got his pumpkin-spice latte, of course.) Of course, the books had so many great ideas, I was inspired by them. So, at 2am we were moving furniture around the apartment. I love to clean and always have...but lately I find that all I do is clean. And - get this - it's by choice. I have become my own mom. (Not that my mom ever really nagged me to clean my room. When I finally quit keeping a clean room in college, she just sighed and would mention how nice it would be to see my room's floor again as if it were an old almost forgotten friend.) But now, I am the nagging TV-mom telling myself to clean up. I never think that my house looks clean - even when I spend 13 hours cleaning it. Could I be obsessed with cleaning? Or is it just really, really dirty in my house? Oh, well, I'll think about that while I go clean.

No comments: