25 October, 2005

puppies

I WANT A PUPPY!
Yes, I know that I already have one. And I know that she is CRAZY, but I want another one. I think that Bella would be so much easier to handle if she had a friend. I really like the idea of having two puppies. Especially if one of them is a poodle. :) I LOVE poodles. I filled out an application on Carolina Poodle Rescue's website. I have checked my email about 10 times today thinking that they would have let us know something. I WANT A POODLE!!!!!!!!! Hubby is tolerant of the idea. I really don't care unless he says "no" outright. He hasn't. I think that he likes the idea of having a tiny dog that looks like a "bologna sausage." (That is how he describes Sir Lancelot - my parent's fierce little 6 pound ruler.) Poodles are just so cuddly and great and smart and sweet and WONDERFUL!!! Poodles are better than babies! (For now.)
So, I have discovered a new weakness. I was supposed to go to Contemporary South class today at 3:30. I love that class. When I leave that class, my head is swimming with knowledge of Southern thought, my heart is swelling with pride that I am a TRUE Southener, and my stomach is growling for some grits. It's one of the best feelings in the world. So, I begged my boss to cut my section at the restaurant early today so that I could make sure that I would not miss class. I got home at 2:45. I had plenty of time to kill before class. So, I tried to fill my time by "enriching my mind." Yeah, I know that text-twist doesn't really enrich anyone's mind - but, hey, it's a word game for cryin' out loud. So, I sat down and played a few games. When I was finally let loose from the spell of this highly addictive game, the time was after 4 o'clock. How did that happen??!!! Somebody please tell me!! I missed learning about my favorite subject (the South) to play text-twist!!
The only thing that could make this situation better would be to get a poodle - a Southern poodle. I wonder if I could name it Dixie?

No comments: