30 December, 2006

Just Dreamin'

Yesterday, I went for a run. I ran from my house down to the park and then around the park...Oh, how nice it was to see trees again. I really miss them. I almost hugged one...or two...

And - Oh, how nice to run again!!!! I love the high that I get at the end of a run. As if I were invincible. And strong. And powerful. What a beautiful allusion.

I want a farmhouse so bad that I could cry. I want at least 50 acres of good, Southern land. And I want a nature trail/ running path. I want a sweet hound dog to sleep on a braided rug in the living room. I don't care if he is big - as long as he is well behaved and doesn't shed too badly...or track dirt...or fleas...or anything else dirty...I want unbleached muslin curtains in my kitchen. And I want big, stainless steel professional-grade cooking appliances. And a stone floor. I want wide-plank Southern pine floors in the rest of the house. And I want a huge porch that wraps around the house and has doors on it leading to the formal livingroom and the dining room. I want my house to be furnished with antiques. And I want it to be sparkly clean. I want a room that gets filled with morning sun. I want the room to have rustic wooden benches covered in soft crimson pillows - with gilt-framed landscapes hanging over them. I want a sewing table. With a third hand that looks like a little golden bird. I want a huge master bedroom...with a huge canopy, king-sized bed that will hold me and Hubby and Peanut and my other twenty children that I will have. I want tons of windows all over the house. And I want a porch swing. And rockers. I want to read the Bible with my family on the porch on mild summer nights. And I want to snuggle in Hubby's arms on the porch in a blanket on cool autumn nights. I want a dining room table big enough to fit 25 people around it. And I want an old piano. I want a white, picket fence. And I want crescent moons cut onto the shutters. I want a vegetable garden. And lots of beautiful flowers everywhere. I want to have annual Christmas parties...and Easter parties...and garden parties in the summer. I want to can vegetables. And make jelly. And dress up just to come to the supper table at night.

I want long curly hair that I always wear pulled up into a bun. I want to live in dresses...and only wear blue jeans with high heels and lacy shirts when I go into town...or when I ride around on my tractor...only then I would wear ripped up jeans with a wife beater and cowboy boots. Don't forget my camoflouge baseball cap. And my big belt buckle. Why don't I have a big belt buckle? I've always wanted one. I want to smell like gardenias and lavendar. I want to charm my guests with sparkling conversation and sit silently and listen to my children when they have a problem that they need to talk out. I want to be the constant, stable, untiring source of help for my family. And I want to exude femininity and I want to be the poster girl for genteel Southern womanhood. And I want to do all of this in a big, spacious farm house out in the country.

No comments: