29 November, 2005

Exams

So exams have already started. Hubby had his first exam on Monday. I have two exams, one take-home exam, and three papers to write. I am freaking out. I am so tired I only want to sleep. Oh, well...

Tonight I get to work at the candlelight tours at my historical job. I am so excited!!! When I was little, my family used to go every year to the candlelight tours downtown. It is so exciting that I get to participate this year!!

My fascination for strawberries has now turned into hamburgers. Yesterday, I ate a hamburger for lunch, one for supper, and two guilty bites from one last night. I just ate another for lunch today. You know what -I'll probably eat one tonight, too. Isn't that crazy? I usually don't like them that much.

I have been so busy lately with so much on my mind. I am trying so hard to just worship God in a very special way this month. Every year I tell myself that I am going to really celebrate Christmas in the way that it should be celebrated. You know - really concentrating on the true meaning of the holidays. But then life just hits me. I can barely remember where I am supposed to be the next day. Christmas just creeps up on me. Christmas night is always such a disappointment. I finally realize that the day slipped past me and I am giving God the last five minutes. I am determined it will not be this way this year!!! My first real Christmas decoration is the nativity scene. And the Bible is open on the coffee table to the Christmas story. That way I am forced to remember it when I open the door.

I just feel so guilty, though. It seems as if it should not be something that I would have to work at. Remembering the most important gift at Christmas time. That should be easy. So why is it so hard for me? I hate commercialization of Christmas. I think that it would have been great to celebrate Christmas prior to 1870 when people didn't really exchange gifts, or put up alot of elaborate Christmas trees .... Christmas was purely about worshipping Christ. Yeah, I don't think that there is anything wrong with Christmas trees or Santa Claus, or gifts. I do think that it is wrong if they become your primary focus. And that is where I struggle. By God's grace, this year will be different.

No comments: