08 November, 2005

Things that Make Me Happy

Here are a list of things that make me happy:

1.Hubby
2. Puppies
3. People who say "God Bless You" when someone sneezes
4.brightly colored umbrellas on a gray rainy day
5.A child's laugh
6.sunsets on the beach
7.running farther than I ever have before
8.Making strangers smile
9."How Do I Look" with Finola (Style Channel)
10.CHOCOLATE
11.New perfume
12.warm spring rains
13. when something touches my heart and makes me cry
14.realizing I am only human and therefore weak, but God is infinitely strong
15.Thunder storms
16.peanuts in a coke
17.Long drives in the country
18.the way a friend's eyes light up when they are truly glad to see you
19.the way an accent reminds me that humanity reaches far beyond the small world I have grown familiar with
20.going to sleep to the cadence of crickets and cicadas and waking to the song of birds
21.the independence that I feel when I go somewhere alone and the accepted and wanted dependence that I feel to my husband as we forge our lives together
22.I love the way Hubby understands me as if he has known me all of my life
23.being Southern :)
24.to see palmetto trees planted by a busy city street 200 miles from the coast
25.pink ribbons
26.to see a child holding their mother's hand
27.feeling ultra-close to my family (We're like the Southern mafia - minus the crime)
28.praying with Hubby

And most of all, my relationship with God makes me happy. More and more I am realizing that to serve God gives me the greatest joy. I once heard someone say that even if there were no heaven to gain, then serving God would still be completely worth it. And I agree. Foremost, because He deserves our praise. He alone is holy. And also because just being His child gives me peace and promise. I can relax and "be still and know the (He) is God." I love and praise Him and thank Him for all of His blessings - great and small. Is there such a thing as a small blessing? I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!

You are BEAAUTIFUL! SO beautiful!! Yeah, we'd love to go caroling...and we're even having a party at our house too. :) Sahhweet. Well awesome. I just wanted to say hey.... I'm at xanga.com my name is whatdyasay. k, byebye :)

Alison Trotter