07 November, 2005

I Wish I Were at the Beach

It has been such a blah day. I came back fron the beach last night. What fun! I did not want to come home. Hubby and I went clamming with my parents and some friends. My dad and I got to run on the beach at sunset on Saturday. God really blessed us with a beautiful view and a great time together. I love my parents so much. It has really been such a blessing to have such great Christian people there to provide guidance - and now friendship - to me.

Today, however, was back to reality. And...I think that I am getting sick. I was sick for almost the entire time that Hubby and I dated. (Not that it was such a terribly long time - but still...) I have no time to be sick! I have to finish out this whole year of school really well. I really want to go to grad school for history. This year contains the bulk of my history classes - and I really need to take the GRE. And I only have about a month and a half to study for the GRE. Which leads me to my favorite pasttime (even more favored than cleaning...) - worrying.

By now I should know that my worrying does no good. Yet I still sit around and think about the numerous things that could go wrong in life. Last night it just seemed like God hit me with the verse "Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you." (It's in 1 Peter.)I've heard it all of my life. I thought that I believed it. And then last night, I realized - I've been too busy worrying to really listen to the words. Do you know how awesome it is that the Maker of the Universe and all that is in it - the One Who put all of these tiny little cells in their places and taught them how to interact with each other in a precise manner - the God Who has wiped out entire civilizations with one word (think Noah, Soddom and Gomorrah...) -- This same God cares for me!!!??? My first response is WHY? And then I just settle back and stop worrying. No, not for good yet. But I just keep reminding myself that He loves me - and He wants me to unload all of my cares on Him. And so suddenly, nothing seems quite so bad anymore. I can just relax. It's kind of the same feeling that I used to have when I would fall asleep as a child in front of the fire while my mom or dad rocked me to sleep. Safe, secure, knowing that I am being taken care of...Isn't God awesome?

No comments: