18 November, 2005

Just So Happy

I am so happy today! There is something that God is doing in my life that I can't quite blog about yet, but it makes me so happy!! Lately I have felt His Hand on my life. I always know that it is there, but I can't always feel it - but these past few days! I have really been able to hear His voice so clearly. It is great!! It makes me appreciate how awesome Heaven will be because there we will be able to hear Him and talk to Him with no other distractions. Can you imagine?!

I have been reading Acts lately. I don't even know how it crossed over, but somehow a verse in 2Corinthians chapter 5 was related to what I was reading. Of course, I had to read the whole thing. The chapter was talking about how one day we will be with Christ. That makes me excited! I love my life here. I love Hubby, my family, and my friends. I love sunsets and strong November winds. I love flowers and sunshine. I love alot of things that God has given us here. But I have been reminded that this is not what I was made for. This is just the time for me to prepare for the trip when I am going to my real home. I always procrastinate. If I am going on vacation, I am always the girl throwing everything into a bag 5 minutes before running out of the door. But, God is trying to tell me that I can't do that with this. I am supposed to be ready. And it isn't something that you can do in any set amount of time. Even if I am here for another 60 years, I still need to prepare now! Accepting Christ isn't just enough. You have to really work at it. And there is no return ticket. We will be with Christ for eternity! Isn't that exciting? The Bible says :"Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." Isn't God awesome?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I'd love to get up with you sometime during the week and talk. :) It's so good that you're able to hear God's voice so clearly. I know it feels great :)
Allie Trotter

Anonymous said...

HEY! wow.
OK....so I totally forgot about today. This weekend has been such a crazzy one. But you know what? Are you busy tommorrow? ...I think you said that monday and wednesday would be the best dates. But you know hwat? arghh we're going out of town on wednesday.

Let's get together after thanksgiving. :) love you gal!!

Allie