03 July, 2006

Do you remember the movie "A Walk to Remember"? That is one of the best, most sensitive films ever. (I wish that I could remember more quotes. I have this quote from Breakfast at Tiffany's playing in my head, but I can't remember it well enough to quote it...) I have been thinking about that movie today.

Peanut has been in a weird mood lately. He gets really fussy when he doesn't get enough mommy-baby time. If I don't hold him for a long enough period during the day, he is really clingy at night. He also doesn't appreciate being held for long periods of time by other people. I have learned this the hard way this weekend. He doesn't usually mind short periods of being held, or attention when he is in my arms or on the floor. However, usually after people leave, he fusses anytime I try to put him anywhere but in my arms. And this continues for quite some time into the night. What can I say - he loves his mommy... And his mommy loves him, too.

This Thursday will mark one month from my 1 year anniversary. Wow. What a year. This time last year I was single - albeit, engaged - and wearing a size smaller than I am currently wearing... (It is true about the hip thing and pregnancy. I have been back down to pre-pregnancy weight for almost a week now. However, I cannot wear my entire closet yet. Maybe someday...) I can't believe all of the changes that have happened in the past year and a half. Prior to that time, I just thought that Hubby was some incredibly attractive, stuck-up, arrogant jerk. And now, well, let's just say I kind of like having him around... Not only is he an incredible hunk, he also makes me sooo happy. This has been one of the best years of my life. I love my husband - and my little boy - so much. Some days I just sit back and wonder why I have found such favor with God, that He would bless me so much. Everday, I fall more and more in love with the man that I married - the man who only continues to surpass all of my expectations and desires. I love you, Hubby.

My blogs all say roughly the same things -
1.I love God and my family.
2.I am weird.
3.I am perhaps a little too self-involved and narcissistic. I like to talk about my thoughts, feelings, and life - alot...

Why does anyone read them?

I need something to look forward to. I am beginning to rethink the party idea at the end of July. Might just have to push that back a little... But, I still need to look forward to something. What? I don't like to think about how much older Peanut is getting...He's already two weeks!!! My baby's growing up. (Yes, it's a little drastic...)

I really like Finding Neverland. I can totally relate to Johnny Depp's character. I think that tomorrow, I will have my house cleaned, put on a pretty dress, and brew a pot of coffee. I will put some soft jazz music on in the background. I will lock my doors and put on my high-heeled shoes. Peanut and I will dance around the living room, and I will pretend that I am in some 1950's post-war movie...where I am the heroine. Other than that, I will have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens. (Okay, aren't you convinced of how weird I am now? Not crazy - just weird...) Then I will wash off all of my makeup, put on a sweat suit and mess up the house before Hubby comes home.

I had this really odd dream last night. I dreamed that I had this really cute outfit on - red shirt, very full red and white floral skirt, and red heels with an ankle strap. I was in my house - only it was different. I was organizing and I discovered this little closet that I had not known was ever there. But the door was too small for me to fit into. So the room could not be used. ---Peanut's crying. Time for a blogging break --- I had this window with a ledge in the kitchen. I put a pie on the ledge, just in time to see one of my neighbors come grab my telephone through the window. She started making long-distance calls. I tried to tell her that I didn't want her to do that, but had a problem with being impolite or starting conflict with her. It was weird. I went for a walk out of the house so that I would not have to face her on the issue. It was just easier to ignore it.

No comments: