02 July, 2006

Just Another Saturday Night...(Yep, that's Grateful Dead...)

The baby is sleeping on his little mat on the floor in the living room. I just finished feeding him. I am watching him - knowing that I will have to feed him a little more again soon because he fell asleep in the middle of his dinner - and wondering how I lived without him. Tonight was just another night in my home with my husband and my little boy. Hubby held me in his arms while I held the baby in my arms while we all watched "You've Got Mail." (Can you believe that Hubby had never seen that movie before? He is a wonderful man to watch it with me.) It feels nice to know that this is the way that things are supposed to be.

You know what I mean - when you date someone, there is tons of excitement - especially in the beginning - about spending time with them. There are butterflies in your tummy and outfits that try to make you seem like you care just enough, but not too much... There's the anticipation. There is the trying not to say anything that will make you look like a moron...

Honestly, after you marry someone and have a baby with them, there really isn't a ton of giddy excitement about spending an evening with them. (However, I still feel really excited every day when it comes time for Hubby to come home from school or work...) There is something deeper. Something that is more permanent, more lasting, more meaningful. It is honestly one of the best feelings in the world. Just the thought that spending time with that person isn't something that you have to hope for. You've got it. That's the way things are supposed to be. You've made a commitment to that person, and they have made a committment to you. You're a family. Wait. Hold it. That is exciting. No butterflies. No anticipation. But alot of contentment, commitment and love. And that is exciting...

Two actresses that I find play - or played - "quirky" characters= Meg Ryan and Audrey Hepburn. Only, Audrey was always soooo graceful. And Meg is always soooo clumsy. Weird, huh?

I like coffee. With espresso. And lots of it. I like caffeine. It makes me feel good...(Yeah, the Adam Sandler voice was saying that in my head again.)

I am reaching a midlife crisis at the age of 25. I wonder what will happen at 40. I don't want to do anything other than find a new identity. I have been thinking either goth or white hip-hop artist thing... What do you think?

I want to go to Mocha Moms - a support group for stay-at-home moms of color. Hey...I have color, right? And I definitely got soul...

Have you ever noticed that drinking a cup of coffee on a rainy day makes you feel like you are a character in a rainy, dreary 1940s black and white movie? Lately, I have not been able to leave the house. All of my blinds are drawn. I don't know what the weather is like. I think that this week I will drink coffee and imagine myself in some really wonderful, really fantastic black and white movie.

I like the Smurfs. If the smurfs were communists, they would be red instead of blue. I had a crush on Carpenter Smurf and Sebastian - and Papa Smurf. Hubby understands.

I like cereal alot. I like chocolate cereal with marshmallows. No boring adult cereal. Give me some sugar, baby...

Scrooge McDuck had a sexy behind. He got such great butt muscles because he swam in coins every afternoon.

Clark Kent is the kind of guy who would go door to door in a trench coat... Yeah, I know that you agree.

I would like to dance around all willy nilly in ruffled petticoats with bows all over them singing "Supercallifragilisticexpealidocious..." (Did I - no, I don't care...)

My belly looks like Mrs.Santa Claus...

Okay, bedtime... For the next 2 hours until the baby wants to eat again...

No comments: