07 February, 2007

Goal for this year=read at least 50 books...only 2 down...48 to go

My sourdough bread was WONDERFUL for breakfast this morning. Hot out of the oven. So good.

So...now the hard part is done and the starter is made. Looks like we will be having hot sourdough bread every 3-5 days. Yep. Weight watchers, I need you...or at least I really will soon...

A long, long time ago
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile
And I knew that if I had my chance
I could make those people dance
And maybe they'd be happy for awhile.
But February made me shiver...

Wasn't it nice today? If my little boy wasn't feeling bad...There will be other sunny, warm days. And he and I will go swimming. Yeah for parents with a pool!!! (Okay - yeah for parents that are absolutely a gift from God. Yes, I definitely have the best parents in the world.)

Things that I would have done knowing what I know now...
-Never dated anyone but my husband. What a sweet thing to be able to say that your spouse is your first - and only - kiss. Or the only hand you ever held.
-I would have engaged in a few fist fights before I became a responsible parent. Yes, I have a temper. But what do you expect from someone with Scots-Irish ancestry? And, yes...I would love to stick a splintery board up a nurse's butt the next time they take a rectal temp when my child has just taken a big dose of Motrin. Especially when the doctor doesn't even look in my baby's throat or look up his nose. Or even know what the temp reading was. When someone messes with my child...Let's just say it makes me want to open up a can of Mama Grizzly Bear on their heinie.

I can't make up my mind if I like CS Lewis's fiction or not...Definitely well written...But what the heck is up with "Tash"? We'll see how Prince Caspian goes...And don't expect me to pick up any of his sci-fi. Too many nekked people. His mama would've been ashamed.

No comments: