06 February, 2007

Waiting for the dryer to stop...

Over 200 posts. Wow.

I was thinking today about some of the things that I would love to do before I die. The list is endless...almost. However, as a favor to those who are reading this - if there be any - I have considerable shortened the list. So...here goes...

I want...
1.to get a stamp on my passport...which means that I need to get a passport.
2.to build a sandcastle with my son and my Hubby
3.to know that I have played a part in leading someone to Jesus
4.to finally become a morning person
5.to go to a garden party
6.to wear white gloves and pearls
7.to see the Pacific Ocean...and dip my toes in the water
8.to be able to financially help someone unrelated to me for no other reason than the leading of the Holy Spirit
9.to have a picnic with a white linen tableclothe and crystal and candles and china plates
10.to learn how to do at least one dance well ...or at least well enough to avoid looking like a fool
11.to wear a dress with a HUGE skirt
12.to have a flock of children...all my own...asking me questions at the same time
13.to be in a place where all I can hear is nature...no cars...no noisy neighbors...no household appliances...
14.to see Alaska...the final American frontier...but only when there is lots of sunlight
15.to take a gourmet cooking lesson
16.to remember that the marriages of my children are a wonderful way to add to the family...without the pain of childbirth
17.to have grey hair
18.to play the piano once again
19.to run a marathon...with my son
20.to trust God so completely that the fear of the unknown - at least the unknown to me - has no place in my heart...sort of the way that I was always afraid of heights...except when I knew that my Daddy was lifting me up high. It was at those times that fear seemed irrelevant. God, help me to trust You...with everything. Like a child. Childlike trust. Complete. Without thought. Help me to remember that I am safe in the palm of your hand

For in the day of trouble,
he will keep me safe in his dwelling...
Psalm27:5a

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me,
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hacd,
I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:5-8

No comments: