21 August, 2006

My little boy had to get his vaccinations today. He got five injections - two in one leg and three in the other. I felt horrible. He was smiling while they had me and Hubby hold his little arms. He must have thought that we were playing with him...And then the nurse stuck the needles in him. He cried. And I cried.

Sometimes, I think that my heart is going to burst I love that little boy so much. Baby boys are truly one of the most WONDERFUL gifts from God. It just makes me wonder at God's love for me that He would bless me by entrusting something so wonderful to my care. I love being a mother. And I love it more and more every day. Every pain that I felt while I was pregnant and while I was delivering him...and the week of recovery after...It was all worth it. Every sleepless night...for the past two months. It is worth it. There aren't very many things that make me as happy as seeing his little face light up in a smile. He is truly the sunshine in my day.

It's storming outside. I think that in everyone's childhood there should be an Aunt Martha to tell them that lightening comes from two clouds bumping into each other.

When I left the waiting room at the pediatrician's office today there was only one person waiting. When I was leaving...WOW! The waiting room was full of rednecks on parade...with their horrible, bratty, undisciplined children. I thought that I was going to pop a coronary.

I bought some new Aveeno calming lotion for Baby, but Hubby insists that it smells too feminine for Baby to wear. It's lavendar and chammomile. And he's a baby. Do you think that baby boys can wear lavendar and still retain their masculinity?

Isn't it weird how spoken language can either divide or connect two souls? I am reading Genesis now...

This dieting thing might work out after all. I have already lost a little bit of weight, and I am having a hard time eating all of my points during the day now. I guess that the first week is always the hardest week to diet. I had so many points left over tonight, that I ate a serving of popcorn and half a serving of light ice cream. To me...any day that I get to eat icecream on a diet is an awesome day.

Sometimes I wonder if it is weird to have unattainable dreams. Such as...I have always had the dream of having something that I have written published. Not going to happen. I know that. But it is still nice to dream. Dreaming is one of the many things that makes life a pleasure to live. I also dream about owning a pair of Marc Jacobs shoes...or Jimmy Choos...or Manolo Blahniks...or even Kate Spades...A girl can dream - right?

I wish that I had a fat...really obese cat...with clean feet...and orange fur...named Garfield. How creative am I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed spending time with your family on Sunday night. I know you probably have noticed this already... but I just wanted to let you know that I noticed that you are the happiest I have ever seen you! It makes me happy to know you are enjoying your full time job :)! P.S. Kudos for shouting out to aunt Martha in your blog! Can't wait to see y'all Friday!!!
:) Marie