20 February, 2006

I don't want to wait 4 more months!!!


Isn't this a great picture?

Hubby and I might be getting a house pretty soon. We finally found one that we both really like. It's in a pretty nice area. It's three bedrooms, 2.5 baths. The kitchen is fantastic! ...And it's got a great dining room, too! I can't wait to start entertaining again. I feel like God has given Hubby and I the gift of hospitality, and I miss using that gift.

So, please pray for us. We really want God's direction in this decision. Is this where He wants us?

Hubby and I feel that God is leading us to fast for the next 40 or so days. No, not food. We feel that God has asked us to fast TV. I really want to get closer to God. I crave His Spirit. I don't want any distractions. I just want to be in His presence. The funny thing is - the closer I get to Him, the less connected with the world I feel. No, it's not the sort of disconnection that means that I can't communicate with other people or can't walk down the street. I just don't feel as if I really belong here anymore. Have you ever heard the song "Beulah Land"? Unless you grew up in a home that played Southern gospel, probably not. But the words are :"I'm kind of homesick for a country that I have never seen before..." I feel that way. Everytime I read the news, I feel lost, sad, depressed. Everytime I have a conversation with someone who is definitely running from God and not trying to hide it at all - I feel my heart sink. The only thing that brings me a feeling of safety, security is God's presence in my life. I need that. I am desparate for God. I want this feeling to grow stronger. I don't want to be able to breath without every fiber of my being praising Him. I never want my hunger for His presence to be satiated. In short - I want to become a fanatic for Christ. I want to be a "Jesus freak." (Oh, yeah, that was a flashback. :) )

I think that it's great that Peanut kicks when I talk. I wanted to feel him/her kick this morning, so I started talking to him/her. And, sure enough, s/he started kicking! I love my baby!! I love my Hubby!!

I have to end this with a hymn that I can hear my Nanny's voice singing -
"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Let the earth hear His voice.
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!
Let His people rejoice!
Oh, come to the Father through Jesus the Son
And give Him the glory,
Great things He has done."

1 comment:

TTrotter said...

Hey girl, I forgot that Tyler and I are going to this awards competition for his work on saturday night. maybe we could all do something next week...I'll let you know. :)