18 January, 2007

We Could Be Farmers!!!!!!


It is cold today. And I am 10% a man. I wonder which ten percent of me that is... What if that quiz was wrong and I'm really 15% a man. WOW...That could be freaky. The thing is...when I took that quiz I was really trying to tap into my inner man.

What would life be like on a farm today...I know that we would have smoke coming out of all 4 chimneys on our farm house. And the animals would be taken care of and all snug in their barn. And I would keep the perculator brewing coffee all day. And we would eat chicken and dumplings...with the good homemade flour dumplings like my Mama makes. Yum. And Hubby would look very handsome in his appropriately worn-out blue jeans and flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up to reveal his thermal shirt underneath. And I would have a pretty blue house dress on - with a clean white apron tied over it. And Peanut...well, Peanut is always the most handsome little boy that I have ever seen. And I would make my aunt's carrot cake - or at least try to...because it is the BEST carrot cake in the world...and I have been wanting it really badly lately...and I just remembered that she gave me the recipe at my bridal shower. Plus...anything cooked with a vegetable in it must be good for you. Right?

If I can get the house work done before I am so exhausted that I just crash...I really wish that I could start making my yo-yo quilt. But Peanut needs constant attention now that he is crawling everywhere. He is the cutest baby in the world!!! And the most fun!!!

I hate cold weather. Summer, I miss you!!!!

No comments: