17 March, 2006


HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY!!!!!

Here's an Irish proverb to remember -

"Drink is the curse of the land.
It makes you fight with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord,
And it makes you miss him."


This, ladies and gents, is why I don't drink! - and especially today!

Hey, I have started a new blog, for those of you who are gluttons of punishment and torture, at carolinacottonbloom.blogspot.com. Check it out if you would like to hear me go off on countless tirades about Southern heritage.

Since I have been a small child, I have always loved St.Patricks Day. I know that I have never ever seen Ireland - or probably ever will. But you know how crazy Americans are - my great-grandparents were born in Ireland, so my grandmother has always just instilled some sort of connection with the Emerald Isle into my little head. So, from one little Southern, ain't-never-been-out-of-Carolina-hardly, "Happy St.Paddy's Day!"

No comments: