07 March, 2006

So Much To Do

I can watch my baby move my belly around now. It's kind of creepy - but then it's also really special. The other day I watched him kick in a circular motion around my belly. I've also felt his little foot. I went for a walk with my parents last week, and he stuck his foot straight up into my belly. It was so awesome!

I have been consumed with daydreaming about how I am going to decorate the new house. When I realized that the vibrant, rich colors and unique patterns of French provencial were a little out of our budget, I decided to go with a cottage style. It means that I must be a little more creative, work a little harder, and spend a little less money. So, I am using an old window whose panes I painted a few years ago as artwork, and I'm recovering the furniture we already have. It's kind of fun just to use my creativity.
The dining room, I have decided, will be done in black and white. I want to group black and white photographs on the wall. I am desparately looking for black and white toile to make curtains out of. Chair covers will be tulle draped across the chair and tied with a black bow.

The nursery - I'm still haven't completely decided on that room. I know that I want to use various colors of baby blue. I want the walls blue, and maybe a blue gingham for the curtains. I want white furniture. But I did want to use some sort of subtle theme in the room. I am trying to decide between frogs or monkeys. The frog theme was originally going to dominate the room. But, then I just wanted something a little more relaxing. Then my little bro' came home with a monkey for Peanut. (My brother, by the way, has really surprised me with his excitement for his little nephew. He informed me the other day,"This baby's going to be spoiled - you know that, right?") That lead to the idea of decorating with monkeys. It is cute and original - and not girly at all. So, we'll see. Comment if you have any suggestions.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

airplanes and sky blues or "gone fishin" and pond blue. you could incorporate the frogs and paint green grass and cattails around the baseboards, with lily pads around the walls "in the pond". you could get all kinds of fishin' stuff too - tackle box filled with toys, little bugs or lizards that stick to the windows, old fishing poles, a sign to hang on the door that says, "gone fishin'", tin lunch pails filled with baby supplies (diaper cream, wipes, aspirator, etc.)...

Wow, I just got a little carried away. We whatever you decide, let me know if you want help.