04 March, 2006

I am sick - and pregnant. Which is no fun. When I finally admitted last night that I thought that I was getting sick again to Hubby, he asked me when it was going to be his turn. Bless his heart, we had hardly been dating a month when he and my mom were taking care of me last year when I was sick.

I am really, really tired. Last night, I swear that I was battling with Satan in my dreams. I have been finally being obedient to God about something He has been calling me to lately. I have quit trying to tell Him that He really doesn't want me to do it. I have finally quit telling myself that only fulfilling the minimum requirement of His request is enough. And I have been fought. I had this dream last night in which those that I love most first turned their backs on God, turned their backs on me, and then destroyed themselves. It was really awful. I woke myself and Hubby up screaming. I was so scared that I could not go back to sleep for over an hour. I just laid in bed and cried out to God - alot like I used to do when to my parents when I was scared as a child. And I heard this voice in my head warning me that if I kept being obedient, then more of these feelings would continue.

That's when I remembered Job. I refuse to back down from what God is calling me to do. Nothing is worth more to me than my absolute obedience to His voice. I know that the One Whom I serve has already won the war. I know that in the '90s spiritual warfare was a huge topic that was sensationalized and distorted. But, it is very real. We have to fight battles every day against an unseen enemy. I remembered Daniel - when God lifted the veil and he could see that there were twice as many angels as demons in field of battle. I refuse to be scared of the empty threats of an already defeated enemy.

Here is a verse to remember:
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1John 4:4

Therefore, I have no reason to tremble. If God is for us who can be against us?

By the way, the words to the song that the anonymous person who commented on my last blog suggested for me to listen to - they really touched my heart. I just wanted to say "thank you." I needed to be reminded of that.

No comments: