01 May, 2006


Hubby is sick. I finally get a chance to take care of him. He has taken care of me so many times since we met.

I have my last final exam tomorrow. Ugh!!! No fun.

I went to the doctor today. He said it could be any day now. I asked when Hubby and I should nix trips out of town. He said after the next visit - in two weeks. It is really close. Wow. He said that he would prefer that the baby come after 36 weeks - that is full term. But, really, he said anytime after 30 weeks is fine. I am 31 weeks. I think that this news will make the next month or so just drag out.

Doc also said that my sugar is borderline. He doesn't want me to eat anymore carbs for the rest of the pregnancy. That is fine with me. I really don't want anything except hotdogs and sauerkraut - which he said was perfectly fine. I haven't gained anymore weight in the last 3 weeks. I don't intend on gaining much more weight for the next month or so. Let's see if I can do this.

I was filling out Peanut's baby book. The book that we chose is really cool. It has Bible verses at the bottom of the pages. There is a growth chart, a family tree, a space to put the history of his name, places to put pictures... My mom and I looked at every book in the store. When we saw that one, we both knew that was the one to get. Another thing that I like about it is that it has places to record his first, second, and third years of life.

Wow. Can you believe it? I am a mommy - almost completely. But, really, I feel like a mommy now. I hope that I am the kind of mother who has that nurturing, gentle touch about her. Do you know what I mean? I have met alot of really great mothers who just aren't gentle or very nurturing. I don't want to "baby" Peanut too much, but still... I am praying that God will give me that softness to be the kind of mother who can get away with rocking him for hours, and kissing away all of his little hurts, and making the magic chicken-noodle soup that cures all sickness, and knowing just the right word to take care of his little heartaches... I tried to ask my mom how she knew how to do all of those things, and she just said that it came with the territory. I hope so...

No comments: