24 May, 2006

Just Another Day...

This is one of those mornings that I didn't wake up in time to make breakfast for Hubby. So - I just slept. I slept until about 11am. So this is morning for me. I like blogging in the morning. Sometimes I think that my blogs are much more random at night - I am much more random at night - but I like the way it feels to blog in the morning.

Last night I had some really, really good food. Wow, can my future-cuz-in-law cook! Yum!

My parents came over and painted the nursery last night while I was gone. They didn't want me to smell the paint fumes. But they also cleaned my kitchen for me. I had some dishes in the sink - gasp! yes it was unfortunately so..- and they washed them. And they mopped my floors. I really feel that I have the best parents in the world. God has blessed me so much by the people that he has put in my life. My parents are supportive, wonderful Christian role-models. My husband is a loving, wonderful Christian man. And the friends that I have are the best. And now, I am going to have a wonderful baby boy. Sometimes I don't know why I have found so much favor in God's sight.

I really want to rejoice in the Lord today. It just seems that with everything going on - all of the stresses of life and the coping with change - I have forgotten how to rejoice. I just want to be fully cognizant all day of how wonderful God is. I just want to praise Him. I talked to Him this week,and I realized something. Even though I have been talking to Him, I have not been saying anything. I want to have a long, in-depth, heart-to-heart with God. I want to come away feeling refreshed, and close to Him. I want to listen. I want to hear His Voice. I want to be hugged by the Spirit. God, reveal Yourself to me - even though I am dust and don't deserve it. Make me more pleasing to You.

Life can be so complicated sometimes. It's funny how everything always works out - and we are so helpless as to the outcome.

I want background music today. You know, kind of like a cartoon character. I don't know what song I want as my background music today. I thought about some Rooney, or some Grateful Dead, or some Lynyrd Skynyrd. Last night I had "The Commisar's In Town" stuck in my head.

"Don't look around. Uh, oh. The commisar's in town. Uh, oh...."

I have this woman who is very distantly kin to my mother's family who had put out a request for information on that family line. I have done alot of digging for information about that family's geneaology, so I decided to email her some info. (And by research, I don't mean on the internet. Just for FYI, internet sites are mostly inaccurate in their information - and expensive.) I knew exactly how she was kin (sort of kin) to us. Now she is driving me cuckoo. One of my ancestors - her great-great grandmother's neice - wrote a book. I have been looking for a copy of this book for years. I told her about it. Don't ask me why. She writes me an email saying that she found a copy. Okay, whatever. Then she sends me another email saying that she is finding a copy for her cousin - who is not at all related to the author - just so he can have a copy. Urgh! Then she sends me an email telling me that she is going to buy every copy available, and if she gets enough copies - she'll maybe help me find one. I want to punch her in the face. I have told her how she is linked to my mother's family about 12 times - and she still doesn't comprehend the connection. She keeps asking me about the other side of the family - that I am not kin to. I think she must live either up North or in the mid-West. Which is just weird. But it means that she is not at all apart of this culture. I can tell that by the way she feels that she is kin to everyone. That is a very Northern trait. After second cousins, you really aren't kin anymore. (Thank God!) Get over it. The thing is, the book isn't even that great. What is great about it is that it hides some of the family stories that I grew up hearing within the fictional plot of the book. So, she won't even really appreciate it. And her cousin definetly won't. I can't stand overbearing women. Sometimes I can totally see why Paul said they should keep their mouths shut in church - I would have just added everyother public place as well...

Hey! I think the Beatles would make great theme music!

No comments: