14 September, 2006

Fall is here...

I hate wallpaper. As simple as that. I hate the way that it looks, the way that it feels, the way that it makes my life suck to take it down... In short, wallpaper is from the devil.

Hubby and I have been redecorating our kitchen. We took down the hideous magnolia border and striped wallpaper that did not match the green paint on the bottom of the chair rail. And we primed. And reprimed. And now we are painting...everything. We are painting the walls...the trim...the cabinets. It'll look great once we're finished - if we ever finish. I am used to projects taking maybe a day or two. Not a week. I guess I never knew how efficient my parents are at projects like this. And I never realized how slow Hubby and I are. It's killing me. I can safely say...I never knew what a pain in the butt taking down wallpaper was. It is from EL DIABLO. My parents have never taken down wallpaper. They hold the same aversion for the stuff that I feel.

Last night, I was playing on the floor with Peanut while Hubby was upstairs. When Hubby came down and sat next to Peanut, Baby got soooo excited to see his Daddy!!! He started laughing and kicking his legs like crazy. I have never seen him quite that animated. I think he is becoming a Daddy's boy. That's perfectly okay with me - as long as he remains his Mommy's little boy as well.

I have made my son a promise. Mommy will not eat chocolate cake until he can also have some. Somebody knock on wood that he will not have a chocolate allergy. That would be a disaster. I think that I would seriously lose my sanity.

When will the kitchen be finished?!! Probably when I stop blogging and go paint it. That's right - I guess I forgot that I can't paint and blog at the same time.

I want to paint the living room. I found a color called "Belgian Waffle." Sounds nice, huh? I like it. It makes me hungry. I am always hungry. I hate diets.

Baby won't sleep. I rocked him to sleep - twice. But everytime that I move, he wakes up. I put him in his bed and covered him over with a blankie. He saw me and started lifting his head and crying. So, I am upstairs...blogging...and listening for him. He quit crying when he couldn't see me. I guess he never really started crying...He just kind of went "Eh!" a few times...Well, he is cute, anyways. And I really don't mind holding him all day. In fact, I kind of like it.

I am going to make another pot of caramel truffle coffee. And I will drink it all myself...with hazelnut creamer. Yesterday was the first true day of fall - at least for me. Fall is coffee season. And coffee season never stops for me - it just starts on the first day of fall...And ends on the last day of summer. Kind of like icecream season. It starts on the first day of spring...And ends on the last day of winter. Or chocolate season...It starts on Feb.14th and ends on Feb.13th. It's a great system...

I guess that I should paint now. Hubby is going to cook me a wonderful, gourmet dinner complete with candles and soft music when the kitchen is finished - he just doesn't know it yet. I wonder when I should tell him...

No comments: