21 April, 2006

Hubby is asleep. And I will be, too - soon - I hope... I am still really hyped up. I was trying to keep myself occupied with housecleaning while he studied so that I would quit trying to talk to him...It backfired on me. I am really energetic now. And tired. And still wanting to clean. Yes, I am obsessive.

Today has been a great day. Hubby was home. It's wonderful just to have him around all day - even if he is studying.

I have a brand new flower bed. It has four rose bushes, a whole bunch of verbena, some dusty miller, black eye susans, beebalm, and I don't remember what all else. And...I have confederate jasmine growing on my back fence. My mom is going to give me a bunch of day lilies to put around it. I love flowers.

My lower back and hips are killing me tonight. It's kind of reassuring, though. All it means is that my body is preparing for my little boy to come into the world. I am getting so excited. It is kind of weird the stages that I am going through. In the first trimester, everything was just so exciting. Everything was real, and surreal at the same time. (I know that doesn't make any sense, but it is true.) When the second trimester hit, I was already deep into the realization that I was going to be a mommy. It is a really awesome feeling. And really scary. Wow. Now, I am in the third and final trimester (thank goodness). Every thought that I have somehow incorporates my little boy into it. I think about him constantly. I am so ready just to hold him. He moves around alot more now. And it's not all that jumpy movement that I began feeling after the floaty first movements. Now, it feels like pressure on my belly. Hubby and I watched him literally float across my stomach tonight. It looked a little bizarre. He recognizes voices. When he hears Hubby, or my mom, or my dad, he moves more. And, I am pretty sure, he recognizes his name. Wow, God is so awesome. I know that childbirth brings pain - but isn't this an awesome way to bring new life into the world?

Red, red kool-aide you make me feel so fine
You keep me rockin' all the time.
Red, red kool-aide you make me feel so grand.
I feel like a million dollars when you in my hand...

Getting sleepy...

I can still smell cyprus mulch. And my shampoo. Weird, huh?

I like sunshiny days...

I am going to make a dress - maybe...

Sleepy thoughts...Sleepy thoughts...I am now sleepy

Bye bye...

1 comment:

TTrotter said...

Hey Girl! I'm going to be cleaning and then I'll be over here trying to make a dress for tonight. (we might go, we might not) Kinda in the middle of it. Maybe we can get together next week and make dresses together. :) I'll be looking forward to that.