16 April, 2006


Today is Easter. Today is the day that we celebrate the AWESOME gift of God - that, may I add, we do not deserve to receive. The picture is of the tomb that Jesus was thought to be in. It is a view looking out. Just think about all of those emotions that Mary Magdelene, John, and Peter had when they got to that tomb and found it empty... Wow!

Will we ever really realize what we were given? Will we ever really know what You endured for our sakes? How can we ever show our greatfulness? The answer - we will never be able to really, really be able to do any of these things enough. How could we? All that we can do is resolve in our hearts to live for Christ and die to the things of this world. All that we can do is to constantly pray for His grace to enter our lives so that we can live for Him. All that we can do is pray for grace in order to live by His commandments.

This Easter, I don't want to get lost in the Easter eggs, the bunnies, the turkey, the key lime pie... I don't want to celebrate the warm weather, the fact that next Easter will be spent with my little boy, or the time with family - I don't want to be happy about any of these things if it means that I will lose sight of what I am really celebrating this day. Rather, I want to celebrate the fact that Christ conquered death once and for all. I want to celebrate the fact that because of this, the Creator of the Universe - of all things - loved me enough that He humbled Himself to come down in the form of a baby. That He lived and breathed among humans. That He came to teach and bring His message of love and repentance. That He allowed His creations to mock Him, to spit in His face, to pluck out His beard, and to torture Him. That He was separated from His Father. And why? Why did He do this? He did this for me - and for you. I still can't understand. Why, Jesus? Why do You love me? I'm awful. I'm dust. I am nothing compared to You. But You love me more than I can ever understand or more than I can ever return.

I am left speechless. What do You say to the One who died to give you life? What can you do?

So, today, I just want to fall at His feet - and cover them with my tears. And remember that they still bear the nail scars - that He received in my place. And I want to celebrate. I want to everyone to be happy with me about my gift. I want to praise God for being a mighty, wonderful, awesome, magnificent, holy, all-powerful, redeeming, forgiving, just God.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.'
Matthew 28:5-7a

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he hs not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. "
John 3:14-18

Today, I praise God. And I thank Him for loving me. I thank Him for all of His abundant blessings - wow, take a look at my life so far...And I thank Him for those blessings that are coming in the future. Can you imagine the first Easter that I spend with my little boy after my son truly accepts Christ into his life? (Notice that I don't say if but WHEN! This will happen. I am claiming the promises of God. He asks us to only ask Him, and our request will be granted. I only must be faithful. I think that God is going to reveal Himself in a way that my little boy cannot ignore.)

I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today.
I know that He is risen, no matter what men say.
I feel His Hand of mercy, I hear His Voice of cheer
And every time I need Him, He's always near!

He lives, He lives! Christ Jesus lives today.
He walks with me and talks with me Along life's narrow way!
He lives, He lives - salvation to impart.
And if you ask me how I know He lives,
He lives within my heart!!!!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: