21 April, 2006

This Is An Angry Blog - don't read it if you are going to be offended

Today...
I feel misanthropic, and mean, and emotional, and very much disgusted with traffic...

This guy in a huge Bubba truck wearing Nascar glasses and tight, acid-wash jeans and a mullet stopped three lanes of traffic and got out of his car to fight me. Me - 32 weeks pregnant. I was in the turning lane approaching the light. He was in the lane to go straight, and suddenly turned his truck into my lane as he had already started going through the light- nearly causing me to be in an accident.

I hate the fact that the South is over-populated with rednecks. I guess that we can thank the welfate system for that. You would not believe how many women keep having children with no fathers in order to draw a check for them. It is incredible. And - usually - one of the baby's daddies is also living at home with her without working. (There are usually multiple baby daddies...) And they are not at all shy about talking about it. Believe me - working in a pharmacy in the sticks will open your eyes to alot of things that you thought were just misconceptions of society.

Just like the concept of the "dirty old man." Yeah, those exist like crazy, too. I still remember the old retired preacher who used to come into one of the pharmacies that I worked at. He started off appearing like a sweet, grand-fatherly figure. He would always wait for me to help him. He usually had some cute comment about me running in the Miss South Carolina pageant. He asked me for my address so that he could send me these papers he wrote about his time as a preacher. Then...things got creepy. He would wait around until everyone else that I worked with - and customers, too - had gone away from me. Then he would come over to me and tell me how nice I looked that day. He asked me if he could call me. I was freaked out. But, he didn't have my phone number, so I told him "sure, I'll wait for your call." A few weeks went by. He came back in to tell me that he was afraid of my father, so he wanted to make sure that I would answer the phone. He started giving me specific times that he would call - after 8pm. I tried to even things out by telling him that he could call my workplace at any time - and anyone would be glad to help him. But, I guess that pharmacy-related help wasn't what he was looking for. So, he told me to call him, because he was still scared of my father. Oh, yeah, he wanted me to call him after 8 or 9 o'clock because his invalid wife would be asleep and would not know what was going on. I made the guys that I worked with promise to help him when he came in - and to not ever leave me alone with him. Then came the time that he came in - and one of my guy friends at work was right there - so, the old man whispered that he really wanted to ask me something, but now was not the time or place, too many listening ears...

I quit working at that pharmacy for a while. But, I still kept in contact with those people that I had worked with. They let me know when the old man died. They also let me in on a little secret. He had repeatedly asked another girl who had worked there out - to his house - while his sick wife slept. Kind of sickening, huh? And to think - a man who was supposedly called of God... It's sad.

And if you think that life was sweet and innocent so long ago - think again. Human nature has always been this way. Of course, some people like it. I have to go to philosophy class today. We are talking about Nietzsche. Nietzsche felt that Judeo-Christian values are really just "herd morality." In other words, people who aren't out for total self-gain and who don't perform lewd acts and who don't believe that cruel and violent behavior are fun - those people are weak. And they are suppressing the "masters" by imposing their views of right and wrong. Nietzsche believed that what a Christian believes to be "evil" is really "good." Twisted, huh? The man spent his whole life trying to make himself feel better about being a sick, twisted, demonic man without a conscience. And he died of syphilus - that he contracted at a whore house - after years and years of pain. Hate to say this - but it serves him right.

I usually just sit and listen to lectures in this class. But, lately, I have become angry. I do not appreciate the attitude with which this garbage is being presented. And the parallels that are being drawn about it and my faith. I don't like to hear untrue generalizations about Christians. I don't like it when the whole class is being led to really believe Nietzsche's crap. Yes, I am angry.

And I feel sick to my stomach. And I am scared to leave my house to go to class. And I hate the people who are tearing up Columbia to make it "look like Charleston." If you like Charleston so much, move there! Charleston is a great city. But Charleston is Charleston. And Charleston also has its problems with Yankees. Now, the Yankees are moving here to Columbia and trying to recreate my city. Leave! And take the fire ants and cockroaches with you!!!!
And I am equally tired of rednecks. Redneck does not mean Southern, people! In fact, if you were to ask Wade Hampton, he would tell you that an uneducated, unmannered member of the South is dangerous to our society. Just look at his feud with Ben Tillman. I am sorry, but that redneck that you have seen with the huge Confederate flag (he probably doesn't even know that that flag was not the national flag of the CSA.) hanging off of their Bubba truck is not Southern. They are an embarrasment to the South. I hate it when they try to align themselves to the memory of great men like General R.E. Lee or Thomas Jackson, or JEB Stuart...And as for the Yankees, anyone who thinks that Lincoln wasn't a coniving dog and that Grant wasn't a stupid drunk and that Sherman wasn't a crazy minion of the devil - well, there just isn't any hope for you.

Hey, wouldn't this be great...Let all of the rednecks go have a war with the Yankees - only up North. Then, we would be left with our land without all of the crackheads that have taken over. Problem is that the rednecks probably can't read a map - and probably don't have enough courage to fill their pinky fingers. And the Yankees are too busy trying to ruin the South's economy and heritage to do that. They would be scared crapless in their little mini-vans at the thought of actually having to fight. Too bad the Civil War killed off some of the best people in our country. Now look at what we are left with... Oh, well, we are still better off than Europe. (No, I haven't ever been there, but I have met enough Europeans to know that I don't like them either - or most of them...)

Yes, I am misanthropic - very misanthropic...And very pregnant...

No comments: