17 April, 2006

It's Gettin' Hot in Here....


Today is soooo hot! As a true Southern girl, I refuse to turn on my air conditioner until at least June. And normally, that's fine. But this summer! Wow! I don't know if it is where we are living - it really is hotter at my house than any other place in the city - or if it is being pregnant...

Those Bacardi mixer frozen things with lots and lots of ice blended in them are really awesome.

Today is Guinevierre's birthday. She is six years old today. I feel so sorry for her. She is at home all by herself today. (With Lancelot, but still...) But - tonight I am going over to my parent's house to see her. I am going to make her a birthday cake. With candles. I think that Lancelot's feelings are hurt because his birthday was kind of passed over this year. We sort of remembered - but did'nt do much. Poor little boy. So, I am going to do something for him, too.

I have alot to do today. I need to-
1.mop floors
2.tidy the living room (the cover never really stays on the couch)
3.do a take-home philosophy quiz
4.write a 5-pg paper for Popular culture - on bloomers of all things
5.organize my flower beds. (or bed - for now) My mommy gave me alot of flowers. I got a gardenia bush, a red rose, some Lady Banks roses, black eye suzies, butterfly bush...
6.wash clothes
7.make my bed
8.scrub the bathrooms
9.Make Guinevierre's birthday cake

Thank goodness that I don't have to cook dinner tonight. (Sigh of relief) Mom has alot of left-overs. Yeah!

I think that I like split-infinitives. My teacher does not. But, really, don't they sound cool? I kind of write them without thinking about it. I used to really like to use conventionally good grammar. But then I found that what I had to say was muted in the grammar. So, now I defy the laws of the mechanics of writing. No more grammar! It worked for ee cummings, right?

It is soooooo hot! I wonder if it would be bad if I went outside to lay out in the sun and wet myself off with the hose. No, I am not joking... It feels awesome. And I get a good tan in the process. Plus, it scares Bella to death to have the hose running in the backyard. Don't you remember how much fun that was when you were a kid - to play outside with the garden hose? Oh, how I miss those days...

I have decided that there is a list of things that Peanut and I will do:
1.jump on the beds
2.chase Bella with the hose
3.go for runs in the rain (when he's older, of course)
4.Take surprise trips to the beach (wouldn't that be great on a Saturday with Hubby?)
5.celebrate birthdays for a whole week - and sometimes unbirthdays, too
6.go to the park and swing for hours
7.eat ice cream before supper
8.have John Wayne movie nights - complete with hoagies and popcorn and rice crispy treats
9.sing loudly to the music on the radio at all and every stop light
10.finger paint (okay, this one has to be outside)
11.put lightening bugs in a jar for a nightlight when we go camping
12.go roller skating
13.go to the zoo
14.learn all of the words to "Bonnie Blue Flag"
15.Pray together with Hubby
16.Poke Hubby in the face when he's asleep - me on one side, Peanut on the other

And there are so many more things...I can't wait!

Woohooo! I'm getting a little boy!! Yeah!!

No comments: