14 April, 2006

Warning: This One's Really Shallow





What a cute cocktail dress!(The black one) It's from BCBG. I love their line of clothing and shoes. And, it's pretty affordable, too. This is about as close to real, designer clothing as I will ever come.

This blog is devoted to fashion. And, yes, I am trying not to covet these items.

Sometimes, however....I just feel like looking and shopping well beyond my means. This is the mood that I found myself in today. And then I subsequently found myself on the Saks web site. At first it was just to look at shoes. (In case you don't know, my goal is to someday be able to proudly wear a pair of $600+ designer shoes and not feel guilty. I do not actually think that this goal is attainable for me.)

Those shoes with the red bow are Bruno Frisoni. Aren't they awesome? I love bows on shoes. And red bows on shoes...HOW CUTE!!!! The other pumps on the page are made my Prada.

The silver cocktail dress is made by Michael Kors, maybe...I have already forgotten. Sad, huh? Oh, well, that's what having a pregnancy brain will do for you...

I love cocktail dresses. I love cocktail dresses with a full skirt. They are much more flirty than longer formal dresses. They just make you feel flirty and beautiful and sophisticated. That is a completely different feeling from the way a long, more formal dress makes you feel. Long, straight formal gowns give the wearer a feeling of glamourous old school chic. They make you feel powerful and sophisticated. Long formal dresses with full skirts are made for dancing. They make you feel like a princess floating on air. They give a regal, feminine feeling to the wearer.

Can you tell that I like to dress up? And - just like Oprah - I like the nicer things in life. I know, I know...I will probably never wear an Oscar de la Renta ball gown complete with Marc Jacobs shoes and Tiffany's jewelry, but, hey, can't a girl dream? I mean, where am I ever going to have the need to wear that stuff, anyways? But, it would be fun...

Every girl wants to be a princess. Every girl wants to dress up and be the belle of the ball. I am finding that that doesn't go away the older you get - but your outlook on the matter just gets more realistic...

Yes, sometimes I am shallow...

No comments: