26 April, 2006

Martha Stewart - Watch Out!!!!

I have done it. I have made a dress. No, it's not made out of curtains.

It is just a strapless sundress. I was expecting to look like Sarah Jessica Parker's pregnant twin sister. Didn't happen. But --- I now can say that I have made a dress. It is dark blue with tiny, tiny white flowers. And...I have a big red bow that ties in the back right above my big, baby-filled belly. And - oh, I'm so proud - I did not use a pattern. I made up the pattern. I hate patterns. They cramp my style.

One of my friends got engaged last weekend! Yeah! I am so completely excited for her. Her fiance, besides being one of the luckiest men in the world, is a pretty awesome guy, himself. I have been praying for them ever since she told me the news. I know how stressful it can be to plan a wedding. And I just pray that God will bless their engagement - protect them from crazy people adding more stress - and bless their wedding. I know that my friend will look like a princess on her wedding day!

If I could tell them one thing - it is that marriage is one of the best gifts of God. Marriage is a little of what you think it is - and a whole lot different from what you think it is going to be. But, it is a beautiful thing. Spending the rest of your life with someone who understands you, loves you, supports you, and who helps lead you closer to God - that's beautiful. It is beautiful to wake up next to the one you love - and fall asleep next to them. It is beautiful to know that the baby you are carrying also belongs to the one you love - and that the baby is an addition to the family you have with him. It is a beautiful thing to have a chance to take care of the one that you love. It is a wonderfully beautiful thing to pray with the one you love. And that is exactly what I would say is the most important action that a married couple can engage in - prayer. It really is true - the closer a couple comes to God, the closer a couple comes to each other.

The sun is flirting with me today. It was bright and sunny. Now it is overcast. Now it is getting sunny again. Make up your mind, Mr.Sun!!!!! Mama needs a brand new suntan!

I took my philosophy final yesterday. My final draft of my 30 page paper is due friday - which is also my mommy's birthday. Yeah for Mommy! My last exam is on May 2nd at 9am. I still need to read a book on the history of baseball for that one.

I cannot seem to keep my nails short. They grow like crazy. I wish that my hair would grow like crazy. (My hair is crazy, but it won't grow like crazy...)

Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys...or lawyers...(sorry, Hubby!) or dentists...or policemen...or anything dangerous...or anything around crazy people...

I want Peanut to be a farmer. Then Hubby and I will move out on alot of land. We will have a family farm. No more city life. No more street lights. No more terrible traffic...

2 comments:

TTrotter said...

and you did it without me!!!!!! :(

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!! Being a lawyer is the best thing that can happen to you! Don't be ungrateful either--it's gonna feed you and you'r little boy! Heck, your great-great grandfather is NAMED after a lawyer, and he worked in a lawyer's office. And your SON will be named after a lawyer--ME! So THERE!!! Mamas--pray your sons grow up to be lawyers.

and remember, lawyers are like guns. They're dangerous, but you need your own to protect you from all the fools out there who already have one.