02 June, 2006

Baby Makes Three....Soon?

My cube steak is in the oven. My brother is napping on my couch. My mashed potatoes are on their way to being finished. My hubby is studying upstairs. My left-over veggies from last night will soon be devoured. And my nursery is ready for Peanut. All's right with the world.

Except maybe one little thing... I want my baby NOW! It's kind of funny. Just earlier today, I was thinking that I kind of like being pregnant. I like the way my baby bump looks. Really. I like how practical my body seems now. I like feeling the little critter move inside of me. I like knowing that he's just right there - and that I love him and have bonded with him in a way no one else can. I like that. Then there was the "false alarm" of this afternoon. I didn't really think that it was anything, but Hubby and Mom made me call the doc just in case. Then there was the excitement of waiting for him to call me back. When I described what was going on, he just told me that it was normal - that my body was getting ready to have the baby sometime really soon - and that I should have a good weekend. The end. Disappointing...It made me feel a little sad. I am so ready. We got the crib, pack-and-play, and some other necesities today. Everything is ready for him. I just want him to get here. Before, I knew that I had to wait so that he would be healthy. Now, I know that he's full term, fully developed, and fit as a fiddle. I want him here NOW! I have never felt such impatience. And I am not usually a patient person. This is unnerving.

I was just thinking about how I should be feeling this feeling about some other things - maybe. I think that it was Paul who said that the whole of creation is groaning as a woman about to give birth to a child in anticipation of the return of Christ. I wonder if the "groaning" could have meant this feeling of intense, obsessive anticipation. Something to think about...I really need to look up that Scripture...

No comments: