28 June, 2006

Yes, Sir - That's my baby. No, Sir, I don't mean maybe...

By the way...

Peanut's belly button fell off today! That means that I only have two more days before I can give him his first real bath!!!! Yeah!!! I think that he tolerates his sponge baths, but I don't think that he will like a real bath. But, he'll smell so sweet!!!

I am scared and excited. I have never ever seen a baby get a bath before. I have never seen a baby get his diaper changed, or seen someone take care of a belly button that was fixing to fall off, or seen someone nurse a baby, or dress a baby... And I tackled all those other things. Thanks to God's grace and my wonderful, patient mother. I do have the best mommy ever. She helped me sponge bathe Peanut again today when she came to visit me. (I get so lonely here...I can't wait to clean hard core again...)

So, here's the update... 9 days old, back to birth weight, and no belly button still hanging on... And he's been turning his head when he lifts it up now - already. Yep, that's my little boy...

No comments: