29 June, 2006

When CoHosts Go Bad....

I must admit - I am obsessed. And it's a little weird. I must know what is going on between Star Jones-Reynolds and Barbara Walters. Was Star fired? I think that question has already been answered by both ladies - YES.

Why was Star fired? I have read one article that suggests that it is due to the fact that Star dropped a ton of weight and got married during the course of the show. Another article blaims the introduction of Rosie O'Donnell - a very out-spoken critic of Star just because Rosie's chub club only made her fatter and Star actually lost the weight - to the show. (Is it just me - or do you think that Rosie's chub-club was really something sinister? I don't really think that it had anything to do with weight loss at all. I think that it was really sending out subliminal messages to the bored populace who was actually desparate enough to watch the show...But what about?.... Don't you think it just a little too funny that the "Queen of Nice" soon became the biggest beeyatch in the world after quitting the show? Something was definitely up with that show...) Back to Star...Still another article that I read suggests that Star was booted from her long-time position on the View because she kept making references to weight-loss products during air time in order to get free stuff. I don't know - I never really watched the show. Okay, I did watch it last fall. At work at the restaurant. But the volume was down and I was high on strong coffee and the other waitstaff were talking about insane things all around me... I never knew what they were saying. All I knew was that I think that Star was made to be fat. But she is looking better now. Maybe not fat, but she definitely needs some meat on her bones. She doesn't look as good now that she is a twig. Poor Star. She'll never make everyone happy.

Okay - here's the scoop as I see it. Star WAS fired. She was fired because Rosie's life partner got a huge crush on Star soon after Star lost all of her weight. That is why Rosie is angry about things. Rosie wants to be the only fat woman on talk TV who tries to lose weight in a public setting without really revealing any plan for the loss. She never really revealed any plan because she didn't have any. (Star, by the way, must have had a plan - whatever it was. She, however, does not like to talk about it.) She just liked to talk about it. I have already hinted at my suspicions about that. Star was given the pink slip as soon as Rosie agreed to come on the show. Barb has a secret crush on Rosie. That's why she would boot poor old Star. Or maybe she just doesn't like that fact that Star's wedding and weight-loss stole the spot light away from her, just a teensy little bit... Whatever it was, Star decided to pull a fast one and revealed the fact that Barb ain't so sweet as she looks. Barb was angry and wouldn't let Star come back to play anymore. That's why the View website mysteriously has been stipped of all reminders of Star Jones-Reynolds... Go see for yourself.

Okay, my poor desparate readers...What do you think? I want to hear from you why you think Star was ousted. What happened between Star and Barb? I must know... I must have the truth - or a close facsimile thereof... You must tell me... (Okay, enough already...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's crazy. But I can't seem to get over the fact that Brittany Spears posed naked for a magazine. PREGNANT and naked. I mean, she's out to get the attention....and I hear she doesn't look airbrushed in real life. Ally-