12 June, 2006

I saw the most bizarre thing tonight. Not having had much experience with roaches - except the two apartments that I lived in - I did not know that they could "glow" in the moonlight. So, tonight Hubby and I were outside watering our flower beds when we noticed these weird little bugs "glowing" all over our front lawn. It really freaked me out. Hubby went inside and found a light so that he could see what they were. They turned out to be cockroaches. I was so glad that I did not leave the porch. I detest bugs!!!! I swear that if I see one in the house I will freak out - for real!!!!! I just felt dirty after seeing them tonight. I am going to have to kill them...

I just took a shower. My hair is drying now - and it's gone biserk. It always turns frizzy curly when I let it dry by itself.

I found the coolest verse in Joel tonight. It said to render your hearts - not your clothing. I can't remember the chapter and verse. But, isn't that cool? It's just another reminder to me that God doesn't just want me to go through the motions of following Him - He wants me to really, really follow Him with all that I am worth. My prayer lately is that He will continue to work on my heart - to bring me closer and closer with Him. It's been so hard lately - pray for me. Things are so crazy. Yet, I think that I need to know Him in a closer more awesome way than I ever have before. I have one of the most awesome responsibilities that I will ever be given fixing to land straight on my shoulders. I am completely dependent on God. There is no way that I can be a good parent without Him.

I would love a selfish day - but who wouldn't? Here would be my selfish day: I would wake up at about 8am (that is a perfect time to wake up). I would have coffee with my Hubby and eat tomatoes and grits for breakfast. Then, I would shower and dress up in a pretty dress. (Do you know how hard it is to not be able to wear a dress for 7 months? I feel like a boy.) I would spend an hour on my hair alone. My jewelry would be unique and my makeup would be perfect. Hubby and I would go shopping for the house. We would buy new furniture and linens. (I would love some 750 thread count sheets.) Then, we would go to lunch at some casually chic place where I could eat empanadas and drink iced coffee. After lunch, we would go see my mommy and daddy. They would help us groom our (or Peanut's) poodle. I would also use my mother's artistic taste to help me decorate my house with my new things. Then Hubby and I would go for a run while my parents would watch Peanut. After that, we would get ready and go out for a dance lesson and dinner with friends. I would go pick up my little boy - who would already be dressed in his pjs. He would snuggle sleepily into Hubby's arms as we would carry him in. I would kiss his little face and tuck him into bed. He would have already said his prayers with my parents. But there would be a big thunder storm that night. So, Peanut would wake up calling for his mommy. Hubby would go into his room and scoop him up and put him in bed between us. We three would cuddle and go to sleep together. But, I would go to sleep last as I watched him and his daddy sleep peacefully. And I would say a prayer right there - thanking God for His blessings. You see - despite my material girl side, I know that no number of dresses, or furniture, or jewelry, or perfect hair days could compare to the priceless treasures that God gives us in our lives. I feel like the richest, happiest girl in the world when I think about the gifts that God has given me - a wonderful Hubby, a sweet baby boy on the way, the best parents, and true friends, plus so much more...

No comments: