26 June, 2006

Happy One Week Birthday, Peanut!!!!!!

My baby is on the floor next to me - with his blue bunny slippers on. He is so cute in his bunny slippers. They make his feet look so big for his body - and when he kicks his little feet... Oh, he is adorable!!! I am trying to be better about not holding him all day. But all I want to do is hold him. The doctors have forbid me to clean for the next week - but we'll see how that goes.

You know, now that I know how sweet babies really are, I am already planning the next 10 babies I want to have. Right now, however, I will just enjoy this one.

We went to the pediatrician today. Peanut is already back at birth weight - a week early. They told me that he looks very healthy. That made me happy. And it looks as if I can continue to breast feed - without supplementing with formula. That also makes me happy. Breast feeding is a wonderful thing. It makes you feel so close to your baby.

Have I mentioned how beautiful my baby is? Let me say it - I have the most beautiful baby in the world. (I might be just a little biased, though. But he really is beautiful.)

One week ago today I was in the delivery room - waiting on my little boy to get here. I think that about this time, I was preparing to get the epidural. Maybe that was a little later - about 3 o'clock, I think. That was a scary thing. They made my mom and Hubby leave the room. I cried on the nurse's shoulder - not because it hurt so much. I cried because I was scared to death. I had been told that the epidural was going to be very painful. When they told me that they were making my husband and my mother leave because they didn't think that they could watch the procedure without fainting, that made me even more scared. Thank goodness I know what to really expect next time. Having a baby is not all that bad. In fact - I slept throughout most of the delivery. Even when I was pushing, I was so excited that I did not even really mind the pain. I think that the days after the birth were the most painful.

Okay, Peanut is crying. I am going to change his diaper - and hold him. Yes, I am going to hold him. For hours. And hours. Until Hubby comes home this evening and makes me put him down for a while...Or until Hubby holds the baby himself...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dreamed about you and Shawn last night! (and the baby was there too!) But you were so tired, that you got in our bed while the rest of us watched a movie. :) And apparently, you brought a down comforter with you to our house for this very purpose. I hope you're sleeping well. and able to get rest! :) see you soon!- Ally